Large and complicated tuckpointing projects are best left to professionals, but if you can make an omelette, you can surely handle a bit of tuckpointing. With this DIY kit, you can be slingin' mud like the pros. That's us, we're the pros.
This kit Includes the following Tuckpointing Utensils, errr... Tools:
Mortar Removal tools
(1) Spring Hammer
Perfect for removing the old, deteriorated mortar, cleaning and raking joints
(1) 5 x 2 Margin Trowel
Like a Mason's spoon, good for mixin', scooping and such.
(1) 8x8 Heavy Duty Aluminum Hawk
A Hawk Board is what you'll hold the mortar with while applying it to the joints.
Choose the proper jointer. Mortar joints come in all sizes and profiles and there's a jointer for each type. Using the correct jointer size and profile is as critical as using a matching color for providing seamless work.
(1) Concave dual sided jointer for 2 specified joint sizes
(1) Flat dual sided jointer for 2 specified joint sizes
(4) Concave dual sided jointers for 5 joint sizes
(4) Flat Dual sided jointers for 5 joint sizes
(8) Dual sided jointers
(4) Concave for 5 Joint sizes &
(4) Flat for 5 Joint sizes
(1) Tampico fiber Mason's Brush
For cleaning the joints and the Final Touches
(1) Comprehensive set of instructions for doing a professional job.
Now, you'll need your ingredients, by that, I mean Material. (Sold Separately)
Mortar:You can make your own mortar or source a premix locally, or you can add a 20 or 40 lb box with this kit. Find mortar here.