Marshalltown's spin on a barrel jointer, From their QLT line.
The all steel construction jointer comes with 4 steel barrel attachments. This jointer is a one size fits many for your tuckpointing or striking needs. Barrel sizes are 1/2", 5/8", 3/4" & 7/8".
Each barrel is removable and interchangeable with either side of the body. Barrels are also replaceable if lost or damaged. Twist on/off the desired barrel size to tackle tuckpointing tasks.
What we like about this jointer:
- Multiple joint sizes with one tool
- produces an ultra smooth, clean concave finish on mortar joints
- Replaceable Steel barrels
This jointer's short comings:
- The all-steel construction will see corrosion quicker than a higher quality cast aluminum barrel jointer.
- Shorter blade than other jointers will slow output, but taking the additional time can aid in a cleaner finished product
- The complete roundedness of the blade can make it more difficult to keep mortar on the jointer. The tool is more popularly used for striking joints after laying brick, but I've worked with a quite few masons that use it for pointing.