Bon Tool Co.: Barrel Jointer
Well well well, what do we have here? It's a barrel jointer. Featuring a cast aluminum body with 4 steel barrel attachments this jointer is a one size fits many for your tuckpointing or striking needs. Barrel sizes are 1/2", 5/8", 3/4" & 7/8".
Each barrel is removable and interchangeable with either side of the body. Barrels are also replaceable if lost or damaged. Twist on/off the desired barrel size to tackle tuckpointing tasks.
- Multiple joint sizes with one tool
- produces an ultra smooth, clean concave finish on mortar joints
- Replaceable Steel barrels
- Shorter blade than other jointers will slow output, but taking the additional time can aid in a cleaner finished product
- The complete roundedness of the blade can make it more difficult to keep mortar on the jointer. The tool is more popularly used for striking joints after laying brick, but I've worked with a quite few masons that handle the tool like an extension of their tuckin' arm.